We know today most of the incidents of burglary happen due to the criminals entering from the main doors that are unprotected or may not have the adequate locking system. The most vulnerable targets are old aged people staying alone at home. Video Door Phones seem to the simple device but are the essential security tool that must be considered at all residential and commercial buildings who find themselves as soft target for burglary and break-ins. No more are Home Security System and its use confined to the celebrities, fortune holders and the elite. Anyone who aims at the security of his or her family can install the video door phone system at their doorstep for keeping an eye on the visitors.
Video Door Phone System use the method of communication wherein there is no need of physical interaction between two parties and this ensures safe communication.
The market offers you a variety of video door phones where prices differ according to features available in them. When you move in the market for same there are many factors that must back your choice.
- It is important to choose only those Video Door Phones that are weather resistant. Therefore, always look for the phones which have their speakers marked as waterproof and weatherproof.
- The camera lens of the Video Door Phone System must be having the protection in the form of a strong case that is robust enough to withstand any attempts of tampering. They should also provide protection from chemical sprays that may damage the lens.
- The camera box must resist vandalism. It must be in a strong casing that it can handle few heavy blows.
- Every Video Door Phone System should be loaded with an alarm system camera must have an alarm system so that it at alerts if someone tries to tamper the system.
- The camera must have night vision to give you security during the night as well.
- The camera must be loaded with WDR because a camera with WDR feature captures the clearest of images even in any light conditions.
- The system must have a two-way communication system along with the video footage for interaction with the visitor without coming face to face.
- The camera must be positioned at a distance that can ensure maximum area coverage for security.
- The system must have both visual and non-visual communication system so that if the camera is not functioning you can have a conversation with the visitor.
Security Tips for Video Door Phones
Once you have installed the security camera here are few tips that you have to follow all the time for getting the best of the benefits from the same.
- Make it a habit of checking the video and interact through security system every time you have a visitor at home.
- If the caller/visitor knocks the door and insists on a one-on-one interaction, you must discourage and request interaction via Video Door Phones If he resists, raise an alarm and warn him against legal consequences.
- If you have regular visitors like milkman or newspaper vendor, give them prior instruction to interact with your Video Door Phone System
- Instruct your kids to do the same and teach them how to do it.
- If the visitor appears to be hiding something, insist on revealing the things. Open only if you are sure.
- Remember Video Door Phone System is for your security and it can be of full use provided you use it to your benefits.
When used wisely, these provide a complete security for your family. Even if you are not at home, the system can record the footages of all those who visited your doorstep so you can identify the person in question and check if there was any foul play.