The smart lock is an electronic lock that allows incredible functionalities. It is the lock that is undergoing the changes and its evolution allows raising the level of security to levels unknown until recently, avoiding, in a very high percentage, forced intrusions into homes.
Advantages of the smart lock
So, if you are thinking of buying a smart lock or you are going to turn your home into a smart home, these five advantages are going to interest you.
1) They are more secure locks. When you see a lock without mechanisms and without light bulbs, it is sometimes inevitable to think that they are more vulnerable than normal, however, this thought is completely wrong.
The truth is that the absence of light bulbs or cylinders means that the lock cannot be forced by the extraction or bumping technique, among others.
2) Configurable functions. It is almost impossible to imagine the possibilities that an Electronic Door Lock offers you when it comes to protecting your home. You can configure alarm sounds, activate the alarm itself or not, for example. You can even install more than one lock of this type in your home and control them all from the same mobile application.
3) Ease of installation. Forget spending long hours waiting for a locksmith to finish installing a traditional lock. A smart lock mainly consists of two pieces, one on the door frame and one on the end of the door that is to be joined with the frame. However, there are other variants with a knob, which we will see below in our recommendations.
4) High-end materials. Smart locks should be small vaults so that the chip and Bluetooth systems are not vulnerable to forced knocks. Some examples of materials used to make electronic or smart locks are nickel, brass, or steel.
5) Great autonomy. Almost all smart locks have an autonomy of around 12 months. This means that you will not have to change batteries every month. In addition, most of them incorporate a function that alerts the user that the battery is running low and that it needs to be replaced.
What do you think of these five questions? Surely there are many more advantages, such as its low price, the fact of not forgetting the keys again because now a simple smartphone is the control unit for the locks.
Even this type of device is applicable to any type of access (swinging, lifting, tilting, sectional doors and windows, etc.) and material (wood, aluminum, PVC, iron, stainless steel, etc.).
To correctly choose the security lock, the first step is to seek advice from a professional, to find out which is the most appropriate lock according to the type of business or property. There are different models of security lock, so it is important to choose the most recommended.
But it is essential to choose a good Electronic Door Lock, to protect either our home or workplace and prevent the entry of intruders.