In a society like the current, increasingly technological one, it was a matter of time for the locks of a lifetime to move towards new mechanisms and ways to protect our homes. The digital lock is a type of booming bolt that we can no longer only see in hotels or offices, but also in tourist homes and apartments.
The electronic lock or digital lock is currently one of the most powerful options in locksmith and increasingly demanded also as an option in private homes, not only in businesses and companies. It is a natural evolution of the lock of all the life that yes surrendered to the advances of the new technologies.
Types of digital locks
It should be noted that we are in a time of constant evolution and that these locks promise to continue evolving over time in the heat of the advancement of new technologies. So, sure, we will find very soon new locks and news in this regard.
Currently we can find three major types of electronic locks or Digital Door Lock in India.
Electronic code lock- Among the electronic locks are the most used and also the simplest. They have a “keyboard” where the user types a code to activate it, helping the door to open. Of course, the keyboard and the lock should not be physically together.
Electronic fingerprint lock– This lock makes use of a laser reader, what it does is scan the fingerprint and then actuate the mechanism. Of course, the person has had to register his fingerprint before he recognizes it.
Hybrid electronic lock- It is a mixture between the code lock and the fingerprint lock and can be operated by these two mechanisms. They are more expensive and also less common.
Advantages of digital locks
- Resists blackouts- Many people believe that when working with electricity, digital locks stop working before power outages and no, this is not the case. Obviously they are designed and programmed so that, when this happens, the digital locks continue their operation without problem.
- Safer than traditional ones- When operating on the basis of fingerprints and codes they are safer than traditional locks where skill is sufficient and especially the force factor of thieves to open the doors.
- No need to carry keys- Another advantage of electronic locks is that we do not need to carry keys with us all the time, just remember our code, carry it pointed somewhere or register our fingerprint.
- Resistant to weather fluctuations- In some homes or office buildings, these electronic locks are found outdoors, even without any shelter. In case of heavy rains or gusts of wind, the digital locks do not change and this does not affect its operation.
- Home automation- Home automation is already quite common in many homes, or what is the same to operate different appliances, appliances and services from electronic devices, also our lock. Digital locks can be opened and controlled from the mobile phone itself, an advantage!
As we have pointed out previously, Digital Door Lock in India are a convenience in the management and access to the different tourist apartments. They allow maximum security in access to them and also a convenience for all tourists who decide to stay in one of them, and who with a simple code can access whenever they want without needing to depend on one, sometimes, uncomfortable key.