New technologies grow rapidly and day by day simplify things more, in order to make life easier for people. Biometric technology is a set of methods and techniques used to authenticate or verify the identity of a person, based on physical characteristics that an individual has in common with another.
You can use biometrics, because each individual is unique. It should be clarified that any physical feature of the human body does not serve to use it as a biometric measure. It is necessary that it satisfactorily fulfills the following characteristics:
- Universality: All individuals must have this characteristic.
- Particularity: This trait must be able to sufficiently distinguish some individuals from others.
- Permanence: It should not vary or vary little, as you develop as adults.
- Collectibles: There must be methods and technologies with which the user can capture and measure these traits.
- Good performance: Available technologies must achieve high speed rates to perform comparison calculations.
- Acceptability: Users should consider that these methods are not intrusive or harmful.
- Resistance to fraud and any type of usurpation by malicious users.
Biometrics have great advantages over other authentication systems, such as the use of cards, passwords or bracelets, since it is more comfortable, because it is something you are wearing and for this reason, it cannot be lost or forgotten. It has no maintenance or renewal costs and is extremely difficult to falsify or impersonate a person’s biometric identity.
The types of data or physical characteristics stored by a biometric authentication system are:
– Fingerprint Access Control System: works by recognizing the fingerprint of one of the fingers of the hand. The automated fingerprint identification system has a 99.9% security rating.
– Authentication by vascular biometry: read the pattern of the veins of the hands. The most reliable and safest technology in the field of hand biometrics is the one that consists of a scanner that captures an image of the dithering of the veins of the palm through the reflection of short frequency waves (very similar to infrared).
– Facial recognition: facial biometrics recognition is a technology that requires very specific conditions, especially light, so its performance may be affected by circumstances beyond people’s control.
– Iris scanning: this system is technologically very safe but it is currently also a rather expensive technique. It is usually used to protect rooms that require a high security index.
Currently, Door Access Control System has allowed the authentication and identification processes to be perfected, so that there are countless applications and purposes, especially those related to security and privacy issues, a sector in which it provides more benefits, especially for companies.
Despite the fact that its use has not yet become widespread, the application of biometric technology in companies brings multiple benefits, such as, the reduction of maintenance costs in authentication systems, since everything is digitized; streamlining the processes of entry and exit of people; Increase in the efficiency of time control and greater simplicity in remote procedures.
In conclusion, it is clear that Security Access Control System in India is the future and that it is a reliable, robust, easy to use authentication system and, above all, it provides the highest levels of security. It is not by chance that the companies that are using this technology the most in their processes are banks.