The security of a commercial building is a complex task that combines the security of employees and customers with the need for processes to continue to guarantee convenience and productivity.
A properly designed and installed access control solution is considered an effective security tool for commercial buildings. Using the solution for access control systems, the security service can control the entrance and exit through the internal and entrance doors in a more advanced and safe way than the traditional lock and key.
In addition, modern Access Control Systems are very versatile and can be designed for buildings of various sizes and purposes.
ACS Benefits for Commercial Buildings
- Increased security. Using access control kits helps minimize theft and vandalism on the property. Access control also helps to restrict access so that only specific personnel with the proper access level have access to certain areas of the building.
- Conducting electronic journals. A properly functioning access control system is able to track who enters and leaves the building through electronic registration of entrances and exits.
This is an effective tool to help investigate an incident after an occurrence, view user data in the current time and determine the performance of a building.
- Elimination of problems with lost keys. If the tenant of the building or employee loses the traditional key to the building or office, the only way to ensure security is to replace all the locks.
ACS can fix this so that if an access card’s key fob is lost, it can be immediately removed from the system database, and new access keys can be issued. It can also be useful if the employee leaves, which allows you to quickly delete all the credentials associated with him.
Similarly, if an employee loses an access card and needs to enter the building, access control allows you to open the door remotely from a central controller or mobile device. This is often accompanied by installed surveillance cameras, which allow you to visually verify the identity of a person.
- Improved traffic flow. By integrating an access control solution with any combination of turnstiles, barriers and other things, the user will be able to improve the flow of people in the enterprise.
This increases productivity and also ensures that outsiders cannot enter areas where they are not allowed to be.
Choosing the right solution
There are many factors that are important to consider when choosing the right solution and accessories for Door Access Control System, for a commercial building.
- Understanding needs. The layout and needs of each building are personal, so do not make a template decision. It is important to take the time to take into account the needs and pass them on to the security integrator so that he can create an effective personalized solution.
- Plan for the future. A well-designed access control system is characterized by a long service life in the building, in particular if the user makes plans for the future. Assessing the current needs of the building, be sure to think about what may be needed in 5 to 10 years.
- Integration with other security services. To get the most out of access control, it must be built to integrate with other security and building management systems. Together, these integrations help increase productivity and security.